A few days ago, I stumbled upon an Instagram post by Four Seasons Hotel in Washington. They shared some golden tips from their housekeeping department – tips I’m hereby passing on to you. If you’d like to know how to create a genuine turndown service in the comfort of your own home, keep on reading!
In these Corona-times, checking in to a hotel isn’t an option. So if you can’t go to the hotel – the hotel must come to you, right? I love these simple yet profound tips from Four Seasons Hotel in Washington. Especially because they’re so easy to implement in your evening rituals at home. Pamper yourself or your loved one with these 10 tips for turndown service:
1. Turn on a nightlamp stand
2. Provide a glass of water
3. Spray a scented linen spray on the pillows
4. Fold the top cover and sheet over so that it’s easy to crawl into bed
5. Turn on soothing music
6. Place a little treat on the bed such as a mint or chocolate
7. Place a note on the bed wishing your loved one a peaceful night sleep
8. Place a magazine or book on the beedside table if they read before sleep, or place a
bookmark in the book to keep their place
9. Place their robe on the bed and slippers by the bed
10. Fold their clothes or place them in the hamper
11. Place a charger by their bed and charge their phone
12. Set a coffee or tea menu outside the door and craft their favorite beverage in the morning!
Also read: “Make it local: a new way to think hospitality business”